The Foundation is a separate entity with the purpose of promoting and supporting the mission of CMHC – “Partnering for Wellness: Healthy Mind, Healthy Body, Healthy Life.” – and the work inspired by this mission.
The Community Mental Health Foundation, Inc., exists to encourage and channel support for staff development or appreciation, prevention, education and treatment services provided by Community Mental Health Center, Inc. The Foundation supports and funds projects that are submitted for approval by CMHC staff members in collaboration with patients and families served as well as community partners. The Foundation provides funds for materials and activities not covered by CMHC’s operating budget.
The Foundation has a new Board of Directors in place, with individuals who are engaged and passionate about the Foundation’s purpose.
• Nancy Pieper, Board President
• E.G. McLaughlin, Treasurer
• Patti Gillman, Secretary
• Jodi Mollaun
• Joe Stephens
• Tom Talbot, Executive Director, CMHC, Inc., Ex-Officio
- In July, 2018 the Foundation awarded a grant of $1000 to support a project named Supporting Family Resiliency: Promoting change for families affected by the Opioid Crisis.
- Support ofservices provided by our Directions! Program which provides support and advocacy services to victims of sexual assault and domestic violence as well as educational programs in local schools.
- The purchase of Christmas gifts to patients hospitalized on our Inpatient Unit.
Thank you for your consideration of supporting Community Mental Health Foundation, Inc. Your contribution will foster continuation of our legacy to address the physical health, mental health, and addiction needs of today. Your tax-deductible contribution will help sustain programs and activities selected by the Foundation board. Together, we can make meaningful efforts to promote healthy individuals, families, and communities.
Private individuals, organizations, businesses and corporations are welcome as Foundation members. Members shall be entitled to attend and vote at membership meetings. No member shall be entitled to more than one vote. Members must be in attendance to vote.
A contribution of $25 in any year shall qualify the contributor as an Annual Member. A contribution of $100 or more shall qualify the contributor as a Sustaining Member for that year. A contribution of $1000 or more shall qualify the contributor as a Life Member. Membership of Life Members need not be renewed.
The Foundation conducts an annual fund drive; however, donations, memorials, and bequests are welcome throughout the year.
If you are interested in becoming a Foundation Board member please contact Tom Talbot, Executive Director @ 812-537-1302.