CMHC, INC. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE POLICY
CMHC, Inc. offers financial assistance for care provided to eligible individuals and families. As a nonprofit health care organization, CMHC cares about the clients and communities we serve through better health and better health care.
Our staff can help you:
- Apply for health insurance through Marketplace
- Apply for government assistance (Medicaid)
- Determine if you qualify for financial assistance from CMHC
You may be eligible for assistance if you:
- Have limited or no health coverage
- Are not eligible for Medicaid or Medicare
- Can show you have financial need and provide CMHC staff with necessary information regarding your finances
Your financial circumstances will not affect your care. All patients are treated with respect and fairness.
Applying for Financial Assistance
You may apply for financial assistance at any time – before, during or after your care, up to 180 days after your first visit. To apply for financial assistance, you need first to determine whether you are eligible for any kind of insurance through Marketplace or governmental assistance – Medicaid. Our staff will help you with that.
If not eligible for any kind of coverage:
- fill out Request for Fee Reduction form (Click here for Request For Fee Reduction Form)
- include the supporting documents listed on the form
- our staff will determine whether you qualify for CMHC financial assistance
- Financial assistance approval will be in effect for 12 months from the date of approval, or until your financial circumstances change, whichever comes first.
Income Guidelines for Financial Assistance
The amount of financial assistance you may receive is based upon Federal Poverty Level information established by U.S. government each year. To be eligible for a discount, your family income must not be more than two-and-a-half times the Federal Poverty Level (250 percent). In addition to your income, the discount will also take into account your family size. (Click here for Subsidy Calculator)
Financial assistance is limited to the residents of Indiana only. Discounts under this policy do not apply to co-insurance, deductibles, and co-payments, except where specifically noted.
You can get more information about our Financial Assistance Policy and an application, or make a request to receive written notice or communication electronically, by calling (812) 537-1302 and asking for the Billing Department.